Before taking the plunge and becoming a parent, its recommended caring for a plant, a fish and working your way up to a dog. Well, I’m not one for sitting in the garden knee deep in mud, and fishes are just boring, so I went straight for dog mum status. I did however quickly realise that owning a dog, is very much like being the parent of a baby.
And since these Westies are the only kids I planned on having, it wasn’t long until I found myself becoming obsessed with head over heels in love with my furry companions. I would eat, sleep and dance with my dogs. I’m pretty sure I have now been labeled the crazy dog lady, but since I started posting online about it, I have realised I'm not the only one.
So here are some ways that you can tell if you’re a fellow Westie Mum:
1. Your Facebook account has been taken over by pictures and posts of your fur babies.
2. Your Westie has a bigger wardrobe than you.
3. Dog hair has become your number one accessory.
4. You spend more on your Westie's hair cut than you do your own.
5. You have to fight for the best spot on the settee.
6. There's baby gates in your house, even though you have no baby.
7. All potential love interests and friends must be pre approved by your Westie.
8. Watching TV is only advised if there are no other animals on show.
9. You plan doggy birthday parties for your Westie, and bake them lovely cakes!
10. You have lots of stuff with Westies on them, because you are a proud Westie Mum.